Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Making Decisions, Let's go to India!



I'm Carlos Salamanca and I'm In Bangalore India!  I'm writing this because I want to share the "why", So If you are thinking in travel to anywhere (I absolutely recommend India and this nice city) maybe this singles words could help you, If it`s not now, then when? We just have one short life! So let's live it!

Closing October of 2013, while I was checking my personal goals of the current and next year, I made the decision about some changes, I wanted to get out of the routine and look for new experiences.  At this moment I was enjoying my job leading the organizational development of an eCommerce start up in Bogota, but the thing was that I felt that I didn't want to start so soon this long path of a corporate career. If you have worked before you should know that being in an office 8 hours per day, 48 hours per week during one, two, three years end up in a boring and grey routine. 

All the above made me asking to myself about: How do I feel?, Which are my life priorities, objectives and likes? What do I want to change? Which options I have?. Finally after answer these questions and make different reflections, I concluded that I don't want to pass my life in a Office in Bogota (At least not yet) It'd be a boring and I just would be in my comfort zone.

My profession is International Business administrator so considering this of course my future life will be linked with an office! But so, what could I do about this? Let`s think.... I got it! My greatest passion is to travel, so I could put together both things WORK + TRAVEL and gain a personal and professional growth experience and make it unforgettable! So I thought that the best way of get it would be ensure get out of my comfort zone, so why not India? If it'd offer me all what I was looking for, an amazing culture, great people, beautiful destinations, Professional opportunities, challenging experiences and many things that to discover for first time!


If you are coming to India  I hope to  meet you here!

1 comment: