Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

There aren't better books than these which inspire you.


I want specialty recommend  and share some thoughts about this amazing book which while I was going through each page it really got inspiring me so many times.  I just finished it the last moth its name is; La ruta de la Seda / The Silk Path (2nd book) by Bernard Ollivier (I read the Spanish version)

12.000 kms afoot through the mystic silk path! This is the "crazy" goal that Bernard Ollivier a french journalist decided to carry out!  At this time he is 62 years old! (Yeah 62!), he travels alone with only something of money, his bag-pack, his camera and a notebook. 

Just to help you to imagine why this is so amazing and exiting book and to give some kind of context to my final thoughts in this post, I did this roughly map that shows what this guy did only walking, (Green line is the first book and red line the second one) basically he crossed 4 countries walking;  Since Istanbul (Turkey),  Iran, Turkmenistan  to finally reach Samarkand (Uzbekistan).

  


Things that the book made me think

Follow your dreams! It doesn't matter what crazy this could be, Bernard has walked about 8.000 kms just because he set this as personal goal and he has this amazing wanderlust and craving for walk! 

The power of start with the end in mind, with the clear picture of what you want to reach, this will be enough to carry on. When all was going really bad, tough and looked like it will be impossible to finish that was only what Bernard thought to continue! 

Wherever you are going, you will find unbelievable kind and friendly people, Bernard had countless stories about how the people help him, I think without them he wouldn't  be able to reach his goal.

We walk the toughest paths don't with our body but with our mind and esprit, Bernard mention this in different parts of the route; "I don't walk with my legs I walk with my mind"

what we can reach  when we have self confidence and  willpower  is simply unimaginable!


To finish I left  you one of the last quotes of the book....
  

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment