Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Professional career advice Step 2 - Set goals



What is a difference between a goal and a dream? Think for a minute.....

A dream is an Idea, It is a wish, it is generic, it is in your mind: "I want that dream job", "I want to travel around the world!"  "but I am not doing anything towards it, maybe it could happen or maybe not.... it's OK. finally it is a dream..."  A goal is a desired result, it implies a course of action, It's specific, it has a dead line and It is in the "Paper", "I am going to get this job in this company/start my international journey in this country, I will get done this before February 28 of the next year!, Tomorrow I'm going to start to look for opportunities which match with my profile and objectives, I'll track my progress weekly....." So just keep in mind this huge different between a dream and a goal but remember also that  If you put a dream on paper, and start to set a plan and specific actions for this, it becomes in a goal.


Our Job is the most time demanding activities of our life, researches reveals that we will spend about 99.127 hours of our life at work, so better to do this time the most worthy possible and bet for BIG  career goals! you must feel proud of what you want to become,  it has to be challenging, this journey have to be exciting!, Remember the Advice 1 - Set a Vision. 

When you have a huge dream which you have set as a goal, what you have to do is to plan the how and when to reach there, this will be a long term plan with short term and mind term goals that will let you get closer and stronger to catch  your Big goal.

The following questions will help you to start setting your Professional career goals: 

  • What is my Personal/Professional Vision?  Advice 1 - Set a Vision. 
  • Where am I now regarding my big goal?  (Self awareness)
  • What do I have to learn, improve, strengthen? (Learning - development goals)
  • Which goals do I have to reach before that big goal?   (Short term & mind term goals)
  • Which opportunities there are around me? , what do I need to know? (Environment awareness)

Now that you have a clear picture about what you have to do,  is your decision to start! Once you have started you must push yourself to your vision and for that you need to set deadlines and check points, to analyse and make decisions regarding how is going your career plan.

Good look in your journey.







0 comentarios:

Post a Comment